To increase the amount of glutathione in your body there are many methods that have been scientifically studied and have been proven to work. These fall in those categories that include pharmaceuticals, medicines, as well as natural substances. There are many other advertised ways that will not raise the levels of glutathione in your body. Find out what you need to know about.
Glutathione (GSH) It is made from three amino acids, which are glutamine, glutamine and cysteine. glycine.
Of these three that are discussed, cysteine is by far the most of restriction that we eat today. Out of the methods mentioned below, two are the best studied and involve getting cysteine in the cells to aid in glutathione production. Two of these methods Liposomal Reduced Glutathione 1000 mg are popular over-the counter drug N-acetylcysteine (NAC) and bond cysteine. N-acetyl-cysteine can be found in emergency medicine to treat acetaminophen poisoning, and is also an essential ingredient in Max GXL, a product. The bonded cysteine, or the cystine product dubbed Immunocal can be described as a nutraceutical or medicinal food. Both have been clinically demonstrated to increase glutathione levels.
This list is intended as a brief overview only.
Here’s the list of strategies to raise glutathione according to doctor. Jimmy Gutman’s bestseller “Glutathione – Your Key To Health”:
How to increase Glutathione by using Drugs or Pharmaceuticals:
1. N-Acetyl-Cysteine: Also known as NAC. It is a potent glutathione precursor which is sold in the form of a medicine with or without prescription. NAC is utilized for years as standard treatment to treat acetaminophen-related overdose.
2. SAM or S-Adenosylmethionine, is produced and consumed by the liver. It is available across the USA as SAM-e (pronounced “SAM-ee”). It is a type of methionine (discussed below) which has already been partially converted to cysteine.
3. OTC and OTZ Procysteine ornithine decarboxylase as well as OXOTHIZOLINE are both synthetic of cysteine. From a purely theoretical perspective, they could function in the same manner as cysteine in the form of free cysteine, however, these drugs are not readily available to physicians or the general public.
4. GSH Monoesters and Diesters: These are synthetic compounds that are effective in boosting glutathione levels, however they are metabolized to alcohol, which depletes it. There are only a few studies carried out on humans, and their long-term security is uncertain.
How to increase the amount of glutathione in your body? Natural Products:
1. Methionine or L-Methionine: Methionine is an essential amino acid that may be utilized by the body to produce cysteine when enough is present. Together, cysteine and methionine comprise two sulfur-containing amino acids. It’s SAM, the derivative of it. SAM, is discussed above.
2. Melatonin It is an organic hormone that is produced throughout the human brain. It is made by the pineal gland. It is a product of the amino acid L-tryptophan and serotonin, a neurotransmitter.
3. Glutamine: Glutamine is the largest free amino acids found in the human body. It assists in the production of the levels of glutathione. One of the amino acids that crosses the blood-brain boundary, it’s typically abundant in our food we consume today.
4. Lipoic Acid: It is also often referred to as Alpha-Lipoic Acid. The main functions of this chemical are antioxidants neutralizer of toxins as well as heavy metals, as well as recycler of other antioxidants like Vitamin C as well as Vitamin E.
5. Silymarin: Silymarin is the compound extracted in the dairy thistle plant. Therefore, from time to time these terms are sometimes used interchangeably.
6. Glutathione Injections typically administered via injection, or intravenously (IV) it is extremely effective in helping to raise the concentration of glutathione in blood plasma but does not raise it in lymphocytes in the areas you’ll need it to strengthen your immune system.
7. Unnatured Whey Protein: Also called bioactive whey protein. Immunocal is an example of this , and will be discussed in detail in the final report of this series.
You also need these other Things You Need To Consider For Production:
1. Selenium: A trace element or micronutrient that is principally an antioxidant. There are many studies in the medical field that demonstrate the effect of selenium in a wide range of conditions and they all agree that the main way this works is through the increase of glutathione-peroxidase which is an important enzyme of glutathione.
2. Vitamin B1, B2 The B1 and B2 vitamins are water soluble vitamins that aid in keeping glutathione and its related enzymes in their active form.
3. Vitamin B6, B12: These too are water soluble vitamins. They play a significant role in the process of synthesising glutathione. B6 is vital to the functions of many amino acids as well as essential fat acids. It also aids with metabolic processes for glucose and lipids.
4. Folic Acid Also called folate, it assists in the creation of DNA and transmission of nerve signals. It’s also shown to be beneficial in preventing cardiovascular diseases. Adults and children alike require the folic acid in order to prevent iron deficiency or anemia.
5. Vitamin C is also known as ascorbic acid, this is the most well-known water-soluble vitamin. Many living organisms are able to make their own Vitamin C, but humans can’t, and it has to be supplemented.
6. Vitamin E The vitamin is a fat-soluble vitamin which ranks second as the most popular supplement in America in the present. Alongside its role as an antioxidant Vitamin E has been shown to be helpful in many aspects of prevention of diseases today. Vitamin E also plays an important role in detoxification.
7. Magnesium, Vanadium and Zinc They are also essential in lesser quantities as micronutrients to ensure effective glutathione production.
So , we now know how to boost the level of glutathione. We also know what other nutrients we should take in conjunction with our glutathione enhancer to get the best effects. Now we need to ask what we should ask
What isn’t research-based evidence that shows it increases levels of glutathione?
1. oral Glutathione This could be advertised as a supplement to glutathione or as L-Glutathione and reduced glutathione. The product is all the same. There are many products that have been discovered to be rich in glutathione, and you can buy it in pill or powder form from nutritional companies. Why not just eat it, after all? The problem with this approach is that it is broken down, and most of it gets eliminated. This means that this will have no effect on the increase in glutathione. This is confirmed by research in medicine, yet the public perception that it is effective remains.
2. Cysteine or L-Cysteine 2. L-Cysteine: It can be easily oxidized in the digestive tract, much like glutathione, and as a result, the absorption into cells is limited. Cysteine that is absorbed into bloodstreams can be further oxidized and cause more harm than beneficial. So while cysteine is one of the three essential building blocks of glutathione does not have any effect on the growth of glutathione levels.
3. Standard Whey Protein: The whey protein you buy at the health food stores will help build muscle, however, it will not increase your glutathione levels. It is a source of free cysteine, which can be explained in the previous paragraph.
In conclusion, to learn how to increase glutathione levels it is essential to know that cysteine is the amino acid that’s lacking most. It must be present in a form to remain in the path from our mouth to our cells, something that free cysteine is not able to manage. Consuming glutathione, in addition, is not efficient in increasing levels of glutathione. There are two thoroughly researched methods to increase glutathione levels, and they’re two distinct forms of protected cysteine. N-acetylcysteine and bonded cysteine.
Several drugs and natural products can help us increase glutathione in a very efficient manner. NAC, or N-acetylcysteine, is a effective drug that is used in critical care, toxicology and pulmonary medicine. It is well-researched and clinically proven to be effective in boosting glutathione levels. Max GXL is a product that uses N-acetyl-cysteine to raise glutathione.
Many natural products support or directly demonstrate how to increase glutathione levels. Undenatured whey proteins are also an extremely efficient method that utilizes bonds of cysteine. We will learn more about a specific undenatured whey protein called Immunocal on our following blog.
Keep an eye out for the last installment in our Basic Glutathione Series , entitled: “What is the safest, most effective way to raise and and sustain my glutathione levels?”